5 Ways to Tighten Your Figure
From Exercise to Liposuction: 5 Ways to Tighten Your Figure
Have you ever wished that you could have a flatter stomach and a tighter figure? Then you’re not alone. Thankfully, when it comes to wanting a tighter figure, you have lots of options available to you. Here’s a quick look at five different ways that you can get the tighter figure you’ve been dreaming of.
Building muscle will tighten your figure and firm up your trouble zones, but only if you stay disciplined in your workout routine. Increasing your cardiovascular strength and adding muscle-building workouts to your weekly fitness routine can give you the results you’re looking for.
A proper exercise routine should include:
- At least 30 minutes of aerobic activity per day—cardio helps you burn fat and tighten your body. You should choose activities that work the entire body like running, swimming, or kickboxing to burn the most calories.
- Intervals to maximize your caloric burn—interval-training comprising a high intensity aerobic activity for 30 seconds, followed by a moderate intensity activity for one minute, will help you burn more calories in a short period of time.
- Strength training—perform strength training exercises three or four times a week, splitting your days by working your legs and core one day, chest and triceps another, and your back and biceps on another day. Choose between six and 10 strength-training exercises each day.
- Focus on your tummy—train your abdomen most days of the week after your aerobic activity. Mix up your exercises with bicycle twists, sit-ups, crunches, reverse crunches, planks, leg lifts, and scissor kicks.
Consuming proper foods will allow you to take in the nutrients your body needs to maximize muscle-building and minimize fat storage. Achieving a tight, toned body is possible by following a few simple diet tips along with regular exercise.
A few simple diet tips to help you stay slim, tight, and toned are:
- Eat fat in moderation—dietary fat should be less than 30 percent of your total calorie intake. Some fats are healthier for you than others, so you should try to eat mainly unsaturated fats, such as avocados, nuts, and olive and canola oils.
- Eat enough lean protein—making sure you get enough protein in your diet is essential for weight maintenance and staying lean. Try to choose lean protein sources, such as chicken, fish, skim milk, low-fat yogurt, and low-fat cottage cheese.
- Eat high-fiber foods—eating high-fiber foods, such as fruits, vegetables, whole grain breads and cereals, legumes, nuts, and seeds, will help you stay full for longer.
- Drink plenty of water—water is a calorie-free way to make you feel full so you don’t crave junk food.
- Limit sugar—sugary foods will add unwanted pounds as sweets tend to be high in calories and low in nutrients.
- Limit alcohol—alcohol tends to be metabolized in your body as fat, as it is high in calories and essentially void of other nutrients.
3. Tummy Tuck
If you find that diet and exercise just aren’t doing the trick, then you may want to consider cosmetic surgery.
Tummy tuck surgery works to flatten the abdomen by removing extra fat and skin, and by tightening muscles in your abdominal wall.
A tummy tuck is most suitable for men and women who are in good health, and is also an option for men and women who were once obese and still have excess fat deposits or loose skin around the belly.
CoolSculpting uses patented cooling technology to eliminate fat cells without surgery, and requires little-to-no downtime. This cooling technology precisely targets fat cells beneath the skin, and cools them to a temperature that triggers their natural death. Since fat freezes at a different temperature than normal cells, there is no damage to skin, nerves, or other surrounding tissue.
Liposuction removes stubborn fat from your body using cannulas – long hollow tubes on one end and attached to suction on the other. As stubborn fat cannot be reduced through exercise or diet, liposuction may be the essential final step in achieving a perfectly toned figure.
Book an Appointment
Before fully considering your options for getting the tighter body that you’re dreaming of, you should get in contact with a skilled plastic surgeon. Dr. Gabriel Chiu of Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery, Inc. has a fine eye for detail and knows how to get the toned, tight results many patients seek. Book a consultation today to begin your journey towards the body of your dreams.