Am I Headed Toward a Breast Lift?
February 1st, 2019 | Posted in: Breast Lift |
Many women want to have plump and perky breasts that defy gravity. However, the breasts can start to sag over time, giving the bust an unflattering appearance. Women with breast ptosis (sagging) may necessitate breast lift surgery to restore the bustline to a more youthful aesthetic. This customizable procedure can make the breasts firmer and perkier, ultimately improving a woman’s body confidence and expanding her wardrobe choices. Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Gabriel Chiu performs breast lift surgery using modern surgical techniques and focuses on delivering optimal and beautiful results.
Causes of Breast Ptosis
Women can develop sagging breasts because of several factors that compromise breast elasticity. The most common causes of breast ptosis are:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: When a woman is pregnant or breastfeeding, her breasts tend to fluctuate in size. These rapid changes can stretch the breast tissue, which leads to sagging.
- Aging and genetics: Like the rest of the body, the breasts are likely to change during the natural aging process. Over time, the body produces less elastin, which can cause various areas to sag. Women who have a family history of breast ptosis may develop this condition at any age.
- Weight gain or loss: As a woman gains and loses weight, the breasts usually follow suit. The back-and-forth shrinking and enlarging can cause the breasts to lose their elasticity and become droopy.
How Breast Lift Surgery Can Help
Depending on the extent of correction you desire, Dr. Chiu will utilize one of three breast lift techniques:
- Circumareolar: This technique is best for women with mild breast ptosis. Two circular incisions are placed around the nipple-areolar complex to remove a donut-shaped portion of tissue.
- Vertical: This technique is best for women with moderate breast ptosis. An incision is created around the areolas and follows down the lower breast to the crease.
- Full: This technique is best for women with severe breast ptosis. An incision is made around the areolas, continues down to the breast crease, and follows along the inframammary fold.
See Your Results Before Surgery
Dr. Chiu uses VECTRA® 3D technology to take a three-dimensional image of your breasts to create a simulation of what results you can expect from your breast lift procedure. This approach helps patients visualize the benefits of breast lift surgery before any surgical decisions are made. This revolutionary program allows Dr. Chiu to make precise alterations according to the proposed surgical plan so that you may see the vast improvement breast lift surgery has to offer.
For more information about breast lift surgery or to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure, please schedule your consultation with Dr. Chiu by calling (310) 888-8087.