The Benefits of Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures worldwide. While several patients choose breast augmentation surgery to improve the size and shape of their breasts, there are many other benefits as well.
Am I a Good Candidate?
Good candidates for breast augmentation surgery include:
- Women who are displeased with the size and shape of their breasts
- Women whose breasts have never developed
- Women who need a breast lift due to having a breast reduction
- Women who have asymmetrical or deformed breasts
- Women whose breasts have significantly changed after childbirth or breastfeeding
- Women whose breasts have been damaged or misshapen due to an accident
All of these problems can be corrected with a combination of breast augmentation, breast lift, and in some cases, breast reconstruction.
Boost Your Self-Esteem
In addition to the above benefits, breast augmentation can be a tremendous boost to one’s self-esteem. Most patients report feeling substantially more confident, improving their quality of life both personally and professionally. Moreover, many patients experience a significant Improvement in their sex lives as well.
For best results, you will need to take the highest postoperative care. This includes:
- Always wearing a supportive bra
- Keeping the affected area safe from UV rays
- Performing regular massage on your breasts to ease the pain and stimulate circulation
Your recovery time may vary, but it will typically take one to two weeks for the pain and swelling to subside. Be sure to take time off accordingly, and have friends or family members near to aid you in your recovery.
For those who may need additional procedures such as a breast lift, it’s best to discuss the additional recovery time with your surgeon prior to the procedure.
Schedule a Consultation
If a breast augmentation sounds right for you, schedule a consultation with Dr. Chiu today. Here at Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery Inc, our caring and experienced staff are the leading experts in the industry, and are happy to answer any personal questions you might have regarding your breast augmentation: one of our most popular, highest-reviewed procedures.