Why You Deserve a Mommy Makeover
Being a mom means putting the needs of your children and family first. But as much as you may love your children, you might not love the way your body looks after having your kids. A mommy makeover can be an ideal way to pamper yourself after having a baby.
Here’s a look at five reasons you should consider having a mommy makeover and what a mommy makeover can do for you.
Five Reasons You Deserve a Mommy Makeover
- You want youthful and perky breasts—pregnancy and breastfeeding can leave breasts looking flatter and more deflated than they were before you were pregnant. Some women may even experience sagging breasts after pregnancy.
- A mommy makeover can mean better-fitting clothes—after wearing maternity clothes for so long, you’ll be excited about wearing some of your favorite clothes again. Yet, sometimes pregnancy results in unwanted weight gain, which means that you may no longer fit into your favorite clothes.
- You want tighter abs—women who once worked hard at maintaining tight, toned abs can experience separation of the abdominal muscles following pregnancy, especially if they had to have a C-section. This can result in a looser and less-toned abdominal region.
- You want to experience a surge in confidence, youth, and sexuality—the emotional and physical demands of motherhood can leave you feeling insecure and less sexy.
- A mommy makeover is the reward you deserve—motherhood will always require emotional and physical sacrifices that you’ll have to make for your family. You deserve to give back to yourself in a way that can make you feel more like you again.
What Can a Mommy Makeover Do for You?
A mommy makeover is any combination of cosmetic procedures that restore your before-pregnancy body. The average mommy makeover might include a tummy tuck, a breast procedure (lift, augmentation, or reduction), and liposuction of the legs, arms, or trunk (hips and/or thighs).
Tummy tuck—removes loose, excess skin and fat, and tightens the abdominal muscles, which are stretched during pregnancy and can cause the stomach to protrude. A tummy tuck can also help remove stretch marks that are commonly attained during pregnancy.
Liposuction—can improve the contour of the flanks or hips, chest, thighs, neck, upper arms, and knees. During a mommy makeover, your doctor may recommend undergoing liposuction of the hips and thighs at the same time as a tummy tuck. We offer three different options when it comes to liposuction, which are power-assisted, ultrasound-assisted, and laser-assisted. Each addresses different problem areas, and can be discussed further with Dr. Chiu.
Breast lift—treats sagging and uneven breasts, decreased volume, drooping nipples, and stretched areolas; returning a youthful shape and lift to your breasts.
During the procedure:
- Your doctor will make incisions that will vary depending on the amount of excess skin, the position of your nipples, your preference, and your doctor’s suggestions
- Your doctor will then reposition and reshape the breast tissue, removing any excess skin
- The nipple and areola will be repositioned to a more youthful height
- Your doctor will tighten the remaining skin while closing the incisions
Breast reduction—can help solve problems such as disproportionately large breasts, poor posture, rashes, breathing problems, skeletal deformities, and low self-esteem by removing fat and glandular tissue, and tightening skin to produce smaller, lighter breasts.
During the procedure:
- Your doctor will remove excess fat, glandular tissue, and skin through incisions made in the breasts
- Your doctor will reposition the nipple and areola
- Your doctor will reduce, lift, and reshape underlying breast tissue and then bring the incisions together to reshape a now smaller breast
Breast augmentation—increases and restores breast size using silicone or saline implants. Your implants can either be large and round or natural, depending on your preference. Large and round implants will give your breasts more fullness, whereas natural implants aim to imitate a more authentic aesthetic result.
Mommy Makeovers from Dr. Chiu
Before setting your heart on having a mommy makeover, you should consult with Dr. Chiu to make sure that it is the right cosmetic procedure for you. He will provide you with guidance on what procedures can be performed, as well as if you’re the right candidate for a full mommy makeover at this time.