Facial Implant Benefits
Facial implants are specially formed solid materials that are compatible with human tissues. Implants are made from artificial materials such as silicone or polythene. They are designed to enhance or augment the physical structure of the face.
Facial implants can reconstruct and rejuvenate a weak jaw, small chin, thin lips, or lack of facial contour. While any area of your face can be augmented with implants, the chin, cheeks, jaw, and lips are the most common areas for the procedure.
Facial implants are intended to define the overall appearance of your face by creating more distinct features through enhancing the physical structures that make up your face. Facial implants may be used to correct facial symmetry or create permanent contour. Implants in the forehead help negate the aging effect caused by gravity. They help to lift the forehead to maintain a more youthful appearance of the upper face. Some implants are designed to help lift the cheek and mid-face. Facial implants may also be used following an accident or trauma to restore the structure of the face.
If your face is disproportionate, it can significantly affect your overall self-image. Those features can cause insecurities and discontent for many people. Fortunately, these facial implant benefits can be the answer to these problems.
Facial Implant Benefits
There are many benefits from facial implants that numerous people can experience. They include:
- A rejuvenated and youthful appearance.
- Correct facial symmetry. Create balance and better proportion to the structural appearance of your face.
- Create permanent facial contour.
- Improve a weak profile.
- Facial implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes to accommodate any kind of facial structure.
- With the assistance of an experienced medical professional, you can get the results you want, no matter how subtle or dramatic.
- Facial implants are safe and the recovery time is quick.
- The results of an improved facial structure and feature increases self-confidence and self-esteem, which can positively impact both your personal professional life.
Are Facial Implants Right for You?
The best way to determine if facial implants are right for you is to consult with a medical professional. If you are thinking about getting facial implants, consider these preliminary indicators to help you make your decision:
- You have a weak or receding chin
- Your cheeks are sunken or flat and you wish to increase their definition
- You have facial asymmetries or deformities that you wish to correct
- You have facial sagging due to aging
- You want to add definition and symmetry to your facial features
Good candidates for facial implants are in healthy physical and psychological condition. They must have no major medical conditions and no allergies to the implant material. Individuals should have specific goals and realistic expectations in mind. Interested candidates should discuss their goals with Dr. Chiu in detail to determine whether chin augmentation, cheek augmentation, or another procedure or procedures would best accomplish their desires.
Facial implant procedures construct permanent and predictable results that can completely redefine your face shape. They can create a more attractive profile and facial features so that your face looks naturally beautiful from all sides.
Choosing the Right Plastic Surgeon
If you are looking for a top surgeon to perform your facial implant, then schedule a consultation with Dr. Chiu of Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery, Inc. As a highly qualified, board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Chiu has the knowledge and skills to help you make the best choice when it comes to your implant needs. During your consultation, Dr. Chiu will analyze your goals, facial structure, and facial proportions. He will then recommend the appropriate implant type(s) and determine which techniques to use for your procedure(s). For each procedure, either a solid or semi-solid implant will be selected based on your facial structure and proportions.