How to Soften Your Facial Features
Are you tired of having uneven skin or wrinkles? While there are many products on the market that promise to give you better looking skin, there’s a lot that you can do for yourself with things that you often have lying around the house. Here’s a quick look at some of the home remedies, and a brief overview of some of the available cosmetic procedures, that you can use to help soften your facial features.
Home Remedies to Soften Your Facial Features
- Water—one the most important things that you can do for your skin is drink plenty of water because it helps flush out toxins and waste from the body. You should also make sure to wash your face at least twice a day to help improve your skin’s health and appearance.
- Lemon juice—this citrus fruit contains cleansing enzymes that remove dead skin cells, lighten dark spots and scars, and leave your skin smoother and fresher.
- Tomatoes—fresh tomatoes are an excellent skin toner that can help treat pimples and blemishes. Daily use can help shrink large pores and give you smoother, glowing skin.
- Honey—applying raw honey to your face and neck for about 10 minutes can make your skin softer and smoother.
- Tea tree oil—can help fight acne-causing bacteria, and is good for reducing scars and blemishes. Some people can be allergic to this product, so make sure to try it first on your inner wrist before applying it to your face.
- Aloe Vera—a wonderful natural ingredient used in a number of beauty recipes to maintain smooth and clear skin. It also helps treat acne, fade blemishes, and reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
- Cucumber—contains hydrating, nourishing, and astringent properties that can help restore the skin’s natural acid mantle, while protecting against bacteria and other contaminants.
- Papaya—contains a natural enzyme known as papain that has antibacterial and healing abilities. It can also help remove dead, damaged skin. Regular use will help reduce freckles or brown spots caused by sun exposure.
- Tumeric—an herb that can be used to lighten blemishes and pigmentation, as well as rejuvenate dry skin.
Mint—can be used to improve skin tone and reduce blemishes, while also providing a cooling effect.
Do it Yourself Wrinkle Treatments
- Coconut oil—a natural skin-softening moisturizer that contains emollient, which helps reduce wrinkles that have already developed.
- Olive oil—is rich in antioxidants, and vitamins A and E, which help to fight the skin-damaging free radicals. It can also help protect against sun damage and after exposure.
- Almonds—are packed full of skin-plumping and hydrating fats along with vitamin E.
- Blueberries—have a concentrated combination of antioxidants and collagen-protecting vitamin C.
- Banana mask—contains vitamin A, which will help fade dark spots and blemishes, as well as vitamin B which prevents aging, while the potassium moisturizes and hydrates skin cells.
- Topical vitamin C—replenishing your skin’s vitamin C levels every morning can help repair sun damage, such as discoloration and fine lines.
- Selenium—can be used to prevent wrinkles, while also functioning as a powerful antioxidant. It neutralizes free radicals before they can damage the skin, and restores elasticity that the skin may have lost over time.
- Copper—helps form collagen and elastin.
- Zinc—works to clear skin and tame oil production. It can also help heal acne scars or lesions.
- Egg white mask—egg whites are full of protein for tissue repair and growth; potassium to preserve skin moisture; riboflavin to eliminate toxins and free radicals; lysozyme to get rid of acne-causing bacteria; and magnesium which slows down the aging process.
Cosmetic Procedures that Give You a Younger Look
While you can do a lot to help soften your skin at home, you may not always get the desired effect that you’re looking for. If you find that that’s the case, then you may want to consider the following cosmetic procedures:
Before you decide to have a cosmetic procedure to help soften your facial features, you should consult with one of Beverly Hills’ top plastic surgeons: Dr. Gabriel Chiu. He’ll help you make the best decision that you can when it comes to softening your facial features.