The Questions You Need to Ask Before Your Rhinoplasty
Whether you are considering rhinoplasty in order to improve the appearance of your nose or its functionality, it’s a big decision. Naturally, opting for this procedure comes with a fair share of questions and concerns.
But rest assured, you aren’t alone: a consultation with an experienced surgeon will put many of your fears to rest. It can also provide the ideal time to cover the details of the surgery, review your unique needs and goals, and ultimately assess whether a nose job is right for you. Before the consultation, it’s a good idea to prepare a list of your questions to bring with you to the appointment.
To help you prepare, here are a few basic questions to cover with your rhinoplasty surgeon:
Qualifications & Experience
1. Are you board-certified? By what board?
2. How many rhinoplasty procedures have you performed?
3. When was the last time you performed this surgery?
4. Can I view your before & after rhinoplasty photos?
1. Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
2. What are the possible risks/complications?
3. What can rhinoplasty achieve? What can’t it achieve?
4. Do you think my expectations can be met?
1. Which surgical technique will you use? Why?
2. Which type of anesthesia will be used? Why?
3. How should I prepare for the surgery?
4. About how long will the procedure take and what type of facility will it be performed in?
How much will the surgery cost?
Post-op Care & Results
1. What should I expect to experience during the recovery and healing process?
About how long does recovery typically take?
2. When can I resume physical activities?
3. When can I expect to see the final results?
4. If I desire to have a revision operation, how soon will I be able to do it?
Consulting a Top Beverly Hills Surgeon
Rhinoplasty is a significant life decision, but one that will enhance your life and self-esteem beyond measure. Dr. Gabriel Chiu takes pride in using his expert knowledge and experience to achieve impressive results for his patients, with his genuine nature enabling them to openly discuss their questions and concerns. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Chiu today to discuss your personal needs, and to determine if rhinoplasty is right for you.