Plastic Surgery for Men Becoming More and More Popular
December 14th, 2017 | Posted in: Body Sculpting, Chin Implant, Cosmetic Surgery, Eyelid Surgery, Face Lift, Gynecomastia Treatments, Liposuction, Male Breast Reduction, Plastic Surgery | Tags: male plastic surgery, plastic surgery for guys, plastic surgery for men, plastic surgery popular
Women are no longer the only ones turning to plastic surgery to take care of the problem areas that often crop up with age. More and more men are looking into and taking advantage of several surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures. Cosmetic surgery for men are becoming just as available and personalized as they are for women, with several plastic surgery procedures in Beverly Hills catering to the male audience.
Both for health benefits and increased self-confidence, men are now coming out of the shadows and embracing plastic surgery. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) presented a 2016 report and found the top five surgical and minimally invasive procedures most used by men.
Top 5 Cosmetic Procedures Used by Men
The ASPS listed these as the top 5 most common cosmetic procedures used by men in 2016:
• Breast reduction, also called gynecomastia, was performed on more than 27,000 men. Up 1% from 2015.
• Eyelid surgery lifts the lids, thus helping improve vision. More than 30,000 of these were performed on men last year. An increase of 4% from the previous year.
• A facelift can tighten the skin and present a more youthful appearance. More than 12,000 men got a facelift in 2016. Up 1% from 2015.
• Liposuction is another popular option for men, with more than 26,000 receiving this procedure. An increase of 5% from the prior year.
• More than 55,000 men had their noses reshaped last year. This is up 3% from 2015.
Top 5 Minimally Invasive Cosmetic Procedures Used by Men
The ASPS listed these Top 5 most common minimally invasive procedures used by men in 2016:
• Botox was used by more than 447,000 men, an increase of 4% from 2015.
• Laser hair removal was used by more than 194,000 men in 2016, up 3% from the prior year.
• Chemical peels increased by 5% from the previous year with more than 104,000 men having this procedure done last year.
• Soft tissue fillers were used by almost 100,000 men last year, an increase of 1% from 2015.
With more than $16 billion spent on plastic surgery in 2016, and the success of these procedures, statistics should show an even greater increase by both men and women in 2017.
Additional Options for Men
In addition to the techniques already mentioned, there are many other cosmetic surgery options available for men. These options include:
• Face and cheek augmentation. This can help patients present a stronger and more masculine face.
• Ear surgery can reduce the shape and angle to present a more balanced and proportioned face.
• A brow lift will smooth out the forehead and raise sagging brows.
• Abdominal etching uses liposuction to selectively remove fat from around the abdominal muscles.
• A tummy tuck will eliminate stomach fat and remove sagging skin.
• Body contouring is especially popular after a major weight loss to help eliminate excess fat and skin.
Plastic SUrgery in Beverly Hills
There are many reasons that men might consider plastic surgery. In addition to looking more attractive or correcting damage done from accident or injury, men may undergo plastic surgery to gain the confidence that may have been lacking in the past. Whatever the reason, do your due diligence to make sure you are getting the best and most thorough information possible.
Dr. Gabriel Chiu is a top plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills, and a reconstructive surgeon specializing in the art of aesthetic plastic surgery for men and women. He will help you examine all of your cosmetic surgery options and has several procedures designed specifically for men. With Dr. Chiu’s help, you can look and feel your best, both personally and professionally.